Saturday, February 13, 2016

Tricorn hat, blocking to trimming, part 2

I went crazy and blocked about 6 felts on the tricorn block (pictured upper right) and it took me some time to decide how I wanted to trim them. I tried out a bunch of fabrics from my stash.

Oh my gosh, do I love this Turquiose silk that has a tan cross thread with this tan felt. That's going to be the first one! I even have some matching feathers, hello lovelies! I consider some aqua gimp, but the color is a little too light.
This totally needs a pirate bandana.
Now it comes together, silk, feathers, covered buttons, loops, bows.

I love this hat so much! It would go so well with an aqua, turquoise, beige or tan outfit. It's not shy at all, but I think the colors really work together.

Next: Navy! I think a cockade would go well with the tricorn....

No comments:

Post a Comment